Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hello Everyone



Hello Friends and Family,

Well I finally have a blog page! So I will try and keep everyone updated on our BUSY life. To do this I am going to start at today and below I will copy some past messages sent out so you can catch up.

1st - We have closed our Business "Angelina's Unique Baby Things". This was a VERY hard decision since it was built on so much love for the products and wonderful years of customers. We decided that I needed to be able to commit my time to Angelina, Ronnie and family. As many of you know with you own small businesses you never get any time off and you family is the one to suffer. Well Craig and I decided that we need to commit to our family with a sophomore in high school and a 5 year in Pre-K. Also both of our parents & grandparents are aging and I need to be able to help them as needed.

2nd- Most of you are aware that the guys we in a serious car accident on August 25, 2008. Ronnie scared us the most at first but his youthful body has surprised everyone in healing much quicker that expected. He played a little this past weekend in a baseball tournament and is expected to be back full force by January. Craig on the other hand is moving a little slower. Well is really shows the older take a little more time to heal. He finally got past the 3 broken ribs and his hand/wrist is not healing well. To make a long story short it looks like he will have to have another surgery within the next couple of weeks. I will update more soon on this.

3rd-below are the updates I was sending on the guys so you all can catch up....I will update more soon - Love Yall Kim


Update as of Thursday 9:24pm 9/11/08
Well I have to brag on my little princess for a moment. She is such a tough little girl. Tuesday we went to pick Ronnie up at school at 4:05 and were in a huge hurry as normal as she had Gym class that started at 4:15. As I opened the door at MNHS I slide the door over the top of her toes and managed to bend back 1/2 the toenail on her big toe. It instantly turned back and she cried for a few minutes. I applied the ice and told her we would head home. She told me that "She had gym class to go to NOW". I took her to Gym and she did everything without complaining about her toe. After we got home she asked for more ice but said that she was a tough girl and would not even miss her Gym. Well I gotta love her!! Then yesterday after picking her up from school she was complaining of a earache. I took her to the doctor and yes she has an ear infection. She told the boys that she was the sickest and they could not longer complain.
Well the guys are doing OK. Craig's pain is easing up a little but he get tired very easy. After being out a couple of hours he is a grouch!! We did get a call today from Dr. Boring today and they said that his liver enzymes were not up the day of the accident but were high on Monday and they will do blood work again in a few weeks.

Update as of Wednesday 1:07am 9/10/08
Well this past week has been crazy between Doctor appointments, physical therapy, meetings at school, church, and booster clubs. Gym, baths, and running everyone. I did not realize how lucky I was only to have to worry about baths for Angelina and me until when I had to help Craig, Ronnie and Angelina take baths. By the time I got done with those three I was either too tired to take a bath or needed to take another one from all the work. But this weekend the guys managed to figure out how to cover their wounds and bath themselves. J J Craig is still not able to drive so I will live in the car this week between the kid’s school and appointments. If you need us call us on the cellular phone as I will only be home a few hours each day. Please pray for my strength each day as I run nonstop between everything.
Ronnie is starting to move around a little better. Tuesday 9/2 he went to see Dr. Berry. Dr. Berry removed some of the stitches and sent him to physical therapy. His MRI showed cartilage damage, meniscus tear and deep bone bruising. Dr. Berry is sending him to Physical Therapy and is going to give the damage a little time to heal and will relook at everything in about 4 weeks. If he is still having a lot of pain he may have to go back in and scope his knee at that point. He will be in physical therapy 3 times a week until further notice. His first physical therapy appt was Thursday. He went to school for most of the day on Friday then to the football game that evening. I told both him and Craig that was too long of a day but you know how guys listen. In one ear and out the other! Well needless to say both of the guys overdid it! Ronnie had his stitches bleeding Friday night and boy was his leg hurting. He slept most of the day Saturday. Monday he went to school all day and then did physical therapy. Tuesday morning he got his stitches out so hopefully he will feel comfortable to start moving his knee a little more. My prayer for Ronnie - God give him the strength to work through the pain during physical therapy and the strength to be able to make it to school. Please show him that it is most important that he start bending the knee some more each day and with therapy the pain will be eased. Amen
Craig went back to Dr. Berry on Thursday for his wrist. Dr. Berry changed to a different wrist brace and told him that the bone needed to heal for 3-4 weeks and not to lift over a pound until then. At that point he will start Physical Therapy and work on getting the motion back in his wrist. On Friday Craig saw Dr. Beaumont for his ribs and he said that he still was not able to drive but he was able to get out and about a little. He was feeling pretty Good Friday afternoon and we went to the Football game. But this weekend he was hurting real bad and went back to the doctor Monday and again on Tuesday. Dr. Beaumont sent him over to the hospital to do another CT scan and it came back the same as the day of the accident. Tuesday we found out his liver enzymes are high. This could be due to the accident trauma or his medication so we have to wait and see. The pain has eased up some this evening. My prayer for Craig – God help ease the chest pain and help Craig to be able to get around without much pain. Help heal him so that he can enjoy playing with Angelina and Ronnie. In you son’s name, Amen
Love Yall, Kimberly

Update as of 3:59pm Saturday 8/30/08
FINALLY both of my guys are home. We finally got Craig home about 9pm last night. I am sooo happy to have them both back in the house ever though they have now taken over my living room for a while. HA HA Angelina says see is “Happy to have her family back together and she tells he daddy she missed her daddy and SHE will take care of him.”
Ronnie is doing pretty good and slept much better last night. I took Ronnie to get a MRI this morning and we will see Dr. Berry next week for the results. After that he will be able to give us some time frames for school, Physical therapy and sports. My prayer .. Please continue to ease the pain and prepare him for whatever Dr. Berry says next week. Please help Ronnie understand that he needs to rest for quicker healing.
Craig had a hard time last night sleep due to pain and bad dreams. Hopefully tonight will be better. He was told to pretty much stay home until next Friday until he sees the doctor on his ribs. He will also see Dr. Berry next week regarding his wrist and we will see how it’s healing since the surgery. My prayer.. God please help make Craig comfortable for sleeping tonight and help him to relax this week.
Thanks for all you kind words as its really helping the guys. They will be home for a while so you are welcome to stop by or call us anytime. 972-562-1007
Love, Kim

Update as of 10:08am 8/29/08
Friends and Family
I hope today’s message does not have as many typos as yesterday. I tried about 4 times yesterday to finish my update and I keep having to get up and get something for Ronnie.
Ronnie is doing OK. He insisted on going to the football game and by the time we went to the doctor and checked on Craig we got to the game as it was ending. He was able to see several of yall and we visited for a little while. Boy did he pay for that last night! He had a worse night than Wednesday night. I hope he is realizing that he MUST take it show and let his leg start to heal. We saw Dr. Berry yesterday and he said that he really can’t make any decisions until after we have a complete MRI and see exactly how much cartilage damage he has. He said to prepare as it could be 6 months or if absolutely no damage it could be 4 weeks but he did not feel that was realistic. Hopefully we will know more the first of the week. If anyone wants to send Ronnie a message directly you can text him at 972-658-0965. You know the teen’s today first line of communication is text messaging. HA HA My Prayer .. God please be with Ronnie and help him heal as he prepares to find out what damage he has in his leg. Be with him to understand your will whatever the outcome. Please help him relax and remember to breath with the pain is so great. In you precious son’s name. Amen
Spoke with Craig a few minutes ago and he said that the night was good. He should get out late this afternoon. They did chest and abdomen x-rays again yesterday and everything looks fine. He is still having a lot of pain but it is being managed with oral meds at this point. My prayer .. God please be with Craig as he comes home. Please comfort him and he comes home and help him and Ronnie really open up with each other about this whole accident. Help to make this the true lesson that life is so precious and it could be gone in a blink. Thank You for looking over Craig yet again and help him express to Ronnie that driving is one of the most important and most dangerous things you will ever do in this life. Help give me the energy and strength to care for the guys. Amen
Loving all of yall, Kimberly

Update as of noon Thursday 8/28/08
Family and Friends I am sorry for the delay in getting you an update. Yesterday was very hard for me and with only 3 ½ hours of sleep since 8am Monday morning I was beyond tired! Until 6:30pm last night I had only been home 2 ½ hours since the accident and the time caught up me yesterday. I thank God that I got a few good hours of sleep last night between caring for Ronnie and feel much better this morning. Now to the guys…
Ronnie stood up for the first times yesterday morning and walked down the hall with help and crutches. We were able to get him home last night and due to the time since pain meds he was hurting badly. We got his pain settled down and he was able to relax. Ronnie was able to have a couple of friends stop by and check on him. Thanks to Conrad, Grandma for staying the night last night just in case I did not wake up. HA HA Actually you know who woke up every time he moved ME. He had a pretty good night and got some rest. This morning he was to get up and is walking SLOWLY with crutches now. We have a dr. appt today with Dr. Berry and will figure out his next step. Dr. Berry is the same doctor caring for Craig! He is awesome if you are looking for an Orthopedic Doctor. My Prayer God please continue to manage the pain and help us get him to the doctor and started in physical therapy.
Now to Craig he is still in Medical Center of McKinney. The surgery went well and Dr. Berry realeased him to go home but the other doctor will not realease him since his blood preasure is up and he is still in lots of pain. Craig misunderstood the docs and thought that the pain block he had to surgery was to last all day. After we realized the pain he was in it has taken several medicines to get in under control. He blood preasure is also getting better. He was running a little fever last night but that has went down this morning. Sorry it’s now 2:06pm and I am going to close to take Ronnie to the doc. Craig will be in McKinney today and maybe tomorrow in room 439. Stop by and see him if you get a chance. I will update everyone more later. My prayer God please help him with pain and help them to teach him how to seat up without pain. God I need my sweetheart home and want to be able to care for him. In Jesus name Amen.
I Love Yall, Kimberly

Update as of 11:00pm Tuesday
Ronnie is doing better at Parkland in room 571. He got the all clear for his neck and back and was able to remove the neck brace about 4pm today. His surgery last night went well as the doctors we able to clean his leg wounds well and repair several tears around his knee. Also he had air in the socket which they we able to take care off. He has not yet been out o bed but physical therapy is going to work with him today on this. He is ready to get home as he is not happy being at Parkland and also away from his dad. Please pray that God with help with his pain and we can get him home so that he can rest and be able to see his dad.
Craig is still in McKinney Hospital and is having Surgery on to put plates in his left wrist today (Wednesday) at 10am. He has a few broken ribs on the right side and a severe left wrist fracture. He will probably be there a couple more days. He is in room 439. Please pray for Craig for the Surgery tomorrow and help with his pain as well.
I am ready to get them both home as I have been running back and forth between hospitals. God please keep me safe and continue to give me the energy to continue to take care of the guys. As for Angelina she is missing her daddy and bubba. She has seen Craig but not Ronnie and she wants them and her Mommy home. She has been leaving me voice mails signing how much she misses everyone and it breaks my heart that she can’t have us all together right now.
Well I know I am rambling and probably have a million typos but I have to run take a shower and head back to Parkland ASAP.
Love, Kim

Hello Family and Friends,
I know that I might have not got to call all of yall but Ronnie and Craig were in a car wreck last night. After seeing the truck I continue to thank the Lord for his watching over both of them and praying for his grace as they recover. Craig is at Medical Center of McKinney in Room 439. Craig has broken ribs, fractured left wrist, very brushed chest and tummy. The doctors will see him this morning and he will probably have surgery on his wrist. Ronnie was Care Flighted to Parkland in Dallas due to a possible fracture of his leg. The doctors told me his leg is not fractured but he had to have emergency surgery about 2am due to the severe cuts on his leg and into his knee. He is now in recovery and we have not yet spoken with the doctors. I will update everyone soon as I talk with the docs. I got Craig settled into his room and Tomi is with Ronnie so I just ran home to take a shower and change clothes. I will be back and forth today between McKinney and Dallas so call me if you would like at 972-658-3401. I will update everyone as soon as I get near a computer.
Love, Kim


No comments: